Group Accounting Manager
Scandic is the largest Nordic hotel operator with a network of about 280 hotels with 57,000 rooms in six countries. Scandic was founded in 1963 and since then we have been a pioneer, driving development within the hotel industry. We operate in the mid-market segment under our industry-leading brand, Scandic. Approximately 70 percent of our revenue comes from business travel and conferences, and the remaining 30 percent from leisure travel. We have a high rate of returning guests and Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel sector. Scandic has 18,000 dedicated team members. Scandic is a pioneer within CSR, and among other initiatives introduced the innovative idea “Hang up your towel”, and the majority of our hotels are certified according to the Nordic Ecolabel’s new requirements.
In this exciting and critical role you will have the responsibility for group consolidation in a listed environment with full people management responsibility for a team of two qualified professionals. In collaboration with your team and our six subsidiaries, you will create routines and processes for the Group to achieve first-class financial reporting.
You will also be working on developing internal control processes and routines, the Group's financial accounting manual and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. You have the overall responsibility for accounting, reporting of the parent company and two more companies. Tax coordination responsibilities including transfer pricing and contact with external auditors are included in the role. You are responsible for the annual accounts and interim reports for the Group. You will also act as a support to the subsidiaries in various accounting matters.
- You have a University degree in Business administration or equivalent field of study
- You have solid experience of group accounting, preferably from an international company and/or audit firm
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing is essential
- You have good knowledge of consolidation systems and IFRS
- As a person you are independent, analytical, pay attention to detail and also value cooperation and being part of a team
- You are self-assured with a high integrity and have a responsible and loyal work style
- As the company undergoes a systems change, you need to be change-oriented, positive and have a high energy level
- You are professional, perform at a high level and have a will to move forward and develop
- You have a good communicative ability and prioritize building external and internal relationships
Bring your culture – build ours!
We achieve more by inviting differences. We provide the freedom to express yourself and develop in your preferred direction, in a safe environment and with stable conditions. Bring your experience, your commitment and your way of thinking – contribute to a culture based on caring. Caring about each other, our guests and our planet. Welcome to Scandic!
Do you share our values?